Oh, no! Our Underground River tour was cancelled by the Coast Guard due to weather conditions. What else can we do?
If weather conditions are too rough for the Underground River, the coast guard will most likely prohibit other boat tours. The following inland activities/sights might help you fill your day:
- Join a City Tour (1-5pm) and see the Crocodile Farm, Iwahig Penal Farm, Pineapple Weaving Farm, Mitra Ranch, Baker's Hill, and Plaza Cuartel.
- Check out one of the nearby beaches or take advantage of the bigger hotels in the city and their swimming pools.
- Kamia Bay Resort is a newly opened private beach resort around 45 minutes away. Rent a floating cabana or just enjoy their restaurant's quality offerings--some of the best in Puerto Princesa.
- For a quiet day in the woods, there's Irawan Eco-Park. Enjoy a carabao cart ride, get a massage by a bubbling brook, or fly through the forest on a 1.3km zipline.
- For the active type, take a trip to the Palawan Eco-Adventure Zone for their ATV's. You can also walk on water or roll down a hill in their giant orbs. This is on the way to Irawan Eco-Park.
- Visit the city's mini museums: Palawan Heritage Center, Palawan Special Batallion World War II Museum, and the Environmental Enforcement Museum--each just 5 minutes away.
- Get a quick education in organic farming at the Aloha House Christian Orphanage. Take home some of their homegrown honey and jams.
- Sit back and stay in! Order from our lunch and dinner menus and call for a massage, foot spa, or mani/pedi.
- Take a sunset stroll at the city Baywalk. Sample some local street food or rent a sidecar bicycle for 2.
- Go souvenir shopping!